Today Prof. George Miley, the founding father of Universe Awareness announced a new video, which celebrates the vision to inspire young children around the world with astronomy, science and technology. This year, UNAWE celebrates it’s 10th anniversary, launching this video, during the Space Education International Workshop, in collaboration with Space Awareness.
The video emphasizes the mission of using astronomy for education: to motivate children to become aware of our world and universe, and contribute towards global citizenship and protection of our planet Earth. The video was created with our UNAWE colleagues from South Africa, Japan, Portugal, Mongolia, and Morocco.
Inspiring Every Child With our Wonderful Cosmos
Professor George Miley started the Universe Awareness programme 10 years ago, with a vision to educate and inspire young children, especially those from underprivileged backgrounds. During last 10 years, the Universe Awareness network has grown to a collaboration of more than 1000 educators, reaching almost 0.5 million children in more than 60 countries. George says: ‘When we started Universe Awareness 10 years ago, I didn't imagine that so many special people would become involved and that UNAWE would flourish in so many countries throughout the world’. It has been fantastic. Thank you all!
Space Awareness: http://www.space-awareness.org/
Universe Awareness: http://www.unawe.org/
- WeChangers: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzsCBZcuQnR2lkdkpC6WMjA
- Directed by WeChangers
- Produced by WeChangers & Leiden University.
- Written by Duarte Melo Ribeiro(WeChangers), Tibisay Sankatsing Nava, Pedro Russo and Audrey Korczynska (Leiden University).
- Filmed at location in Morocco, South Africa, Mongolia and Portugal.
- This video was produced by WeChangers for Space Awareness with funding from the European Union's Horizon 2020 programme under grant agreement n°638653.
- Time-lapse photography courtesy of Christoph Malin.
- Space Images Courtesy of the Earth Science and Remote Sensing Unit, NASA Johnson Space Center: eol.jsc.nasa.gov/